CONTEST–WIN A FREE BOOK WITH CORRECT ANSWER!
It constantly amazes me how territorial writers and artists can be over others using similar settings or characters to ones they used in their books or a painting. While copyright infringement does exist, its been my experience, that any group of writers or artists can be given the exact same setting, charactors, etc, and in the end as soon as their creative muse kicks in, they will produce significantly different products!
This is not copyright infringement folks, its creative license! This happens because no two writers or artists have the same creative vision. As an example, two of my favorite witch series have several things in common (see the clues on the flow chart below). However, both of these authors have taken the basic premise and created two vastly different original series, and followed up by taking their characters and plots in completely different directions.
To prove my premise, I’m going to challenge you to identify the series and the authors I am refering to. The first 20 people who identify them both correctly, will get a free copy of my newest book (Warriors of St. Antoni). To enter, fill out the form below and return it with your answers. REMEMBER YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFY BOTH SERIES & AUTHORS! CONTEST ENDS OCTOBER 1, 2017
SERIES 1 AUTHOR SERIES TITLE
SERIES 2 AUTHOR SERIES TITLE
YES! PLEASE ADD ME TO THE LIST TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF YOUR NEXT BOOKS! (name, email & address information will not be used for any other purpose than that stated.)
NO, I DON’T WANT TO BE ADDED TO THE LIST, BUT I STILL WANT TO ENTER.
Send completed entries to email@example.com
ENTRIES WITHOUT A COMPLETELY FILLED OUT ENTRY FORM WILL BE DISQUALIFIED
Contest ends October 1, 2017
- Financially struggling small town, semi isolated from large cities.
- The town periodically has events to draw outsiders into it to increase it’s revenue base.
- Area has a significant history of weird or mysterous happings that goes back hundreds of years.
- A family of three generations of witches (or paranormally gifted individuals) lives on the edge of the town.
- The family has lived in the the area for many generations.
- One elderly member
- Three middle-aged members
- Three adult members of the next generation